- Fifield, George. “Insight: Camille Utterback and Painting.” New American Painting, Vol 86, February/March 2010.
- Associated Press. “Pioneering exhibit features interactive art.” CNN.com, October 17.
- Hornickel, Mark. “You. Are. The. Art. Museum Visitors Create The Exhibit in ‘Act/React.’” Kenosha News, October 10, 2008.
- “Living Art.” Group Travel Planet, September 2008.
- Moriarty, Judith Ann. “Stranger in a Strange Land: Act/React at the Milwaukee Art Museum.” Vital Source, Vol. VII, Issue 10, November 2008.
- Simo, Becky. “New Interactive Art Museum Exhibit Dependent on Observer.” Marquette Tribune, October 9, 2008.
- Schumacher, Mary Louise. “Art In The Here And Now.” Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, November 30, 2008.
- Carpenter, Susan. “In touch with five very moving works of art.” The Los Angeles Times, October 20
- Kwastek, Katja. Abstract Video: The Moving Image in Contemporary Art. Ed. Gabrille Jennings. University of California Press, Oakland, California.
- Cameron, Dan. 2013 California-Pacific Triennial. Orange County Museum of Art, Newport Beach, CA
- Stern, Nathaniel. Interactive Art and Embodiment: The Implicit Body as Performance. Arts Future Book: Gylphi Limited, Great Britain.
- Kwastek, Katia. Aesthetics of Interaction in Digital Art. The MIT Press, Cambridge, MA.
- Stern, Nathaniel. “Action, Reaction, and Phenomenon.” rhizome.org, October 15, 2008
- Herbst, Claudia. Sexing Code: Subversion, Theory and Representation. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle, UK.
- Pizzaro, Sal. “SF artist’s work lights up rotunda.” The San Jose Mercury News, September 30, 2007
- Dorin, Lisa. Animated Gestures. Art Interactive, Cambridge, MA.
- Cameron, Dan. Living Inside the Grid. The New Museum of Contemporary Art, New York, NY.